JOIN THE TEAM
We currently do not have any positions available.
An internship at MLPB (a fiscally sponsored program of Third Sector New England) is a unique opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary setting on behalf of vulnerable patients. We promote health through justice by equipping health care workforce with legal remedies to address social determinants of health. We engage in "legal triage" through regular consultations with health care and human servicces teams regarding patients who have health-harming legal needs. We also engage a deep panel of pro bono volunteers to represent patients with complex legal needs in the areas of housing, health care access, public benefits, disability, special education, immigration, and family stability.
All interns are expected to pitch in on ministerial tasks related to running a non-profit office without administrative support staff. This runs the gamut from photocopying to filing to copious data entry essential for documenting our work, analyzing our impact, and improving our quality.
In addition to a positive, flexible, can-do attitude,
- Ability to work independently while seeking guidance as needed.
- Multilingual skills are highly valued
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills in terms of cross–cultural rapport building with clients, stakeholders and others
- Facility with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint appreciated
Please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electronic cover letter
- 2 - 5 page writing sample (can be excerpted from longer piece)
- References only upon request
Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive we cannot respond individually to all applicants who submit materials. Even though our small staff can not offer personalized acknowledgement, we sincerely appreciate all aspiring medical-legal partnership advocates who take the time to express interests in our program.