JOIN THE TEAM
Content Lead (Full-Time)
MLPB, a non-profit social enterprise, seeks a Content Lead. MLPB (f/k/a Medical-Legal Partnership | Boston) equips health and human service organizations with upstream problem-solving strategies that improve people’s social determinants of health (SDOH). Leveraging our public interest law expertise, we advance health equity for individuals, families and communities. MLPB’s operating model involves a range of capacity-building training and technical assistance strategies for our organizational partners and their workforces, including but not limited to:
- workforce training;
- interprofessional education (IPE);
- a robust portfolio of workforce-friendly educational content (digital and print) spotlighting people’s legal risks, rights, and remedies in a range of SDOH domains as well as role-/scope of practice-appropriate problem-solving strategies that workforce members can undertake with people (curated by MLPB regularly for accuracy and comprehensiveness in a dynamic law and policy landscape);
- integration of our team of legal advisors within interdisciplinary case reviews/rounds/huddles to offer real-time problem-solving insight;
- facilitation of workforce-driven safe hand-offs of individuals/families to MLPB-curated legal specialists; and
- technical assistance to partner organization leadership and interdisciplinary teams re: SDOH-related systems design.
MLPB partners with 20+ health and human services organizations in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and nationally, embracing interdisciplinary strategies and continuous quality improvement principles in its work. The Content Lead will advance the organization’s mission and successful growth in the following ways:
- Managing MLPB’s growing portfolio of dynamic multi-state workforce-facing educational content in ways that assures continuous quality and relevance for our partners and users as well as strong, sound organizational stewardship;
- Assuring ongoing, strategic alignment of MLPB’s branded content (ranging from training curricula to companion tools to marketing to social media presence and the organization’s website);
- Informing MLPB priority-setting for new content development based on continuous learning about workforce needs, the evolution of health and human service sector care delivery and financing structures, as well as the broader law and policy landscape that impacts populations at risk for health inequities; and
- Operating at both a high (strategic) level and at a ground (task) level to get the job done - and over time co-designing a growing Content Management infrastructure that aligns with organizational scaling.
MLPB is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks.
- Managing the regularized, systematic updating of MLPB’s branded content in 25+ domains, including liaising with a range of internal and external subject matter experts and partnership stakeholders;
- Managing design, implementation and ongoing curation of a web-based content platform, including oversight of vendors/partners involved in its development and maintenance;
- Translating evolving subject matter knowledge into new (and/or updated) branded educational content, including through direct drafting (content development);
- Developing and implementing protocols for effective content management across and within MLPB’s team and technologies;
- Implementing internal and external systems/processes for assessment of relevance/value of current content, opportunities for content improvement, and prioritization of proposed new content;
- Leading on vision for alignment/integration of content stored on MLPB’s various platforms (e.g., website, marketing software, web-based content platform, etc.);
- Identifying optimal content management technology and systems for the organization’s use over time; and
- Remaining current in evolving trends, best practices, and innovation in instructional design and educational technology.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of people and communities that experience health inequities and to better aligning the systems/sectors that are intended to serve those populations (e.g., health, public health, legal, housing, education, urban planning, etc.)
- Interest in joining a mission-driven social enterprise that embraces adaptability, nimbleness, and change
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a position involving instructional design and/or educational technology
- Master’s degree in field relating to instructional design and/or educational technology and/or marketing, communications or digital media preferred***
***NOTE: We are mindful that candidates may bring relevant knowledge, understanding and skills to the workforce through a range of combinations of education and/or experience. We welcome applications from candidates with an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Strong writing, editing, formatting, and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently
- Self-starter with can-do attitude
- Creative solution-finder
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on teamwork, collaboration and engagement
- Commitment to contributing to a positive, collegial, and inclusive team culture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and cloud-based document management systems like Box; experience with marketing software like Hubspot, with graphic design tools like InDesign, with videoconferencing technology like Zoom, with CRM platforms like Salesforce, and with presentation tools like Prezi strongly preferred
Supervision: This position reports to the CEO. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
TSNE MissionWorks/MLPB envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/MLPB will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.